[linux-dvb] Re: CX88 i2c issue w/ DVB tuners

> I know this point is long disproved, but I wanted to ask something not
> entirely related ... is there any reason the cx88 driver doesn't use
> hardware i2c?

[ ... checking specs ... ]
Hmm.  Don't remember.  No obvious reason not to do that.  The bt878 hw
implementation is pretty new (compared to the age of the bttv driver)
through.  Maybe the initial cx88 code was just cut+paste from bttv-sw.

> Expecting the response: 'patches welcome' :)

patches welcome ;)

  Gerd

--
return -ENOSIG;