[linux-dvb] Re: List of Frontends/PLLs used by DVB devices

On Friday 17 Sep 2004 13:27, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
>
> > Hi, as part of this new frontend architecture, whichever solution
> > we decide to use, we'll need to know which cards use which demod/PLLs
> > - we don't really know this right now as we're relying on autoprobing.
>
> Wouldn't you need to know the I2C addresses of the various components as
> well? Some components can have different I2C addresses...
>
> I'm not sure about the Linux drivers, but I can give component details
> about the following cards (I2C addresses shifted one bit left, i.e. as
> you'd put them in the address register):

Thanks! You're right about the i2c addresses, but I didn't want to scare away
people who don't want to mess with the guts of the driver. I felt we could
sort out the i2c issue later.

However, the more information on a card/frontend we have, the less likely it
is it will be broken for a bit during the transition....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index