[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T tuning issues with 2.6.8.1

On Friday 17 Sep 2004 13:42, Paul Woodward wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently upgraded to FC2 and the 2.6.8.1 kernel from FC1 and 2.6.3. I
> have a Nova-T (old chipset) which worked perfectly under 2.6.3 and still
> does under windows. However, with the drivers in the 2.6.8.1 kernel, I
> experience really bad picture breakup and relunctance to tune in using
> anything other than tzap (piping dvbstream into mplayer just hangs most of
> the time). If I run tzap on say BBC one then I get a very low BER (<0x10),
> but playing the same channel through dvbstream -> mplayer it breaks up
> continuously. I use mythtv, and the backend says that it has failed to get
> a lock every time it starts (although it will still tune to channels, but
> with break-ups).

2.6.8.1 seems to be a really really bad release - lots of problems. Can you
try again with 2.6.7 or 2.6.9-rc2?

> I have noticed an oddity with the firmware. I have an old tda1004x.bin that
> I extracted from the windows driver, it's about 200Kb. When I use the
> script provided to download and extract the firmware I get a file approx
> 20Kb for both 10045 and 10046, neither of which will install (dmesg shows
> an unsupported firmware message).

If you're using the drivers from 2.6.8.1, you just want to just use your 200k
tda1004x.bin. The more recent firmware changes aren't in the mainline yet
(only CVS).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index