[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards for Australia

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:38:54 +0200, Måns Rullgård <mru@mru.ath.cx> wrote:

> > - AverMedia AverTV DVB-T (might have some problems?)
>
> Could someone perhaps confirm?

I have the newer AverMedia AVerTV DVB-T 771, and it works just fine -
but requires CVS video4linux, dvb-kernel, and a few other useful
patches (which I don't *think* are in CVS yet - haven't checked
myself). So, consider it new, bleeding edge, and OK, if you're not
afraid of some kernel compilation, CVS building, and patch applying.
(Disclaimer: I'm a user, not a developer - but I got it working just
fine.)

The older AverMedia card (661??) used a different/older front-end, so
is better supported, but requires a stronger source signal - take with
a big grain of salt; this info's just what I've deduced from various
posts around the place and could be complete bollocks. ^_^

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/
Web Technical Administrator  -  IT Services, Murdoch University

Home | Main Index | Thread Index