[linux-dvb] Re: List of Frontends/PLLs used by DVB devices

From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
> > 1. TechnoTrend Budget DVB-C
> >    Tuner: ALPS TDBE2 @0xC4
>
> Was this an sp5659 PLL BTW?

It supposedly is, though I never took the tin module apart to look inside.

> > 2. Fujitsu/Siemens DVB-Cable
> >    Tuner: Philips CD1516 @0xC2
>
> Is that a TDA9819T PLL? I found an old post on this list saying it
was....

Nope. The TDA9819T is not a PLL, it's an analog/DVB IF processing chip. It
takes the tuner's IF output and outputs CVBS or DVB-IF, switchable by an
input pin. I.e. this is the chip that allows hybrid analog/digital
reception by "splitting" the tuner's output into one for the analog
video/audio decoders and one for the digital demodulator.

I don't know what PLL there is inside the CD1516, but a full datasheet for
the CD1516 can be found on the Internet.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net