[linux-dvb] Re: List of Frontends/PLLs used by DVB devices

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> bt878:
> ???????                                               -- ??????, ??????

I have a:

bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:02:0d.0, irq: 21, latency: 64, mmio: 0xfd7fe000
bttv0: detected: Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T [card=113], PCI subsystem ID is 1822:0001
bttv0: using: Twinhan DST + clones [card=113,autodetected]

This card is sold as "VisionDTV mini-ter" because the card is only
half the normal PCI height.

The DST frontend has some unknown cruft hidden behind a micro controller
firmware interface. I think the card has a philips frontend. I have
another one from Twinhan which has a nxt6000 based frontend and is sold
as "VisionDTV ter" (normal sized). I don't have the PCI ids right now.
Anyway, the DST driver should work with all Twinhan frontends.

I noticed one oddity, but didn't have the time to look into it:
Most of the time I need to load and unload the dst module three
times before the frontend is recognized. Maybe some sleep in the
probing code doesn't wait long enough.

With both cards I have receiption problems but it could be that my
antenna is crap (I have an active Technisat DigiFlex TT2 indoor antenna
which are now sold at 10Euros (without the AC adaptor)). This antenna
works best when I put it on the floor and leans it against the radiator ;-)
I live just 2km from Alexanderplatz and I get good receiption only
for the 120KW muxes, the ones with lower power are problematic.
http://www.garv.de/dvb_t_programme.htm

Maybe some time I will get my hands on a mt352 based card to
compare against.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index