[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards for Australia

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, [iso-8859-1] Måns Rullgård wrote:

> John Dalgliesh <johnd@defyne.org> writes:

> >> What would the "Lite" imply?  With and w/o hardware decoder?
> >
> > With and w/o analogue audio+video (not analogue TV) inputs.
> >
> > <http://www.dvico.com/products_dvbtLite.html#1>
> >
> > Or to put it another way - about AU$25 :)
>
> That works out to about 45 euros, so this is a cheap card.  People are
> suggesting it works well too.  Now I'll just have to find out where to
> get them.  The DVICO website doesn't list any dealers in Europe.  I
> hope this doesn't mean the card doesn't work here.  I'd also like to
> find someone selling them without remote controls and other extras, if
> possible.

Sorry, I meant that the difference between them was AU$25 (about 14
euros), the actual cards can be hard for AU$170 pretty easily from online
stores... which works out to ~100 euros. Unless the Australian dollar has
dropped hugely in the last few hours, I'm guessing you ended up at 45
euros because 25 euros = ~AU$45 ;)

Also I don't know where you'd get them in Europe.

> --
> Måns Rullgård
> mru@mru.ath.cx

{P^/