[linux-dvb] Re: List of Frontends/PLLs used by DVB devices

On Sonntag, 19. September 2004 02:19, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> Thanks a lot! another few off the list.
>
> > card description: Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3
> > card driver: dvb-ttpci
> > frontend driver: ves1x93
> > frontend location: tin box
> > tin box: ALPS BSRV2-301A
> > interface: PCI
> > PCI device id: 1131:7146
> > PCI subsystem id: 0x13c2:0x0000
> >
> > > Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev?(unknown0)?             -- 0x13c2, 0x1002
> >
> > card description: Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev1.3
> > card driver: dvb-ttpci
> > frontend driver: ves1x93
> > frontend location: tin box
> > tin box: ALPS BSRV2-301A
> > interface: PCI
> > PCI device id: 1131:7146
> > PCI subsystem id: 0x13c2:0x1002
>
> Is the EEPROM occasionally bad? You've given two definitions for the 1.3 cards
> with different subsystem Ids... and also Peter Siering gave the 13c2:0000 one
> as matching his rev 1.5 card!

I have *two* Rev 1.3 cards with id 0x13c2:0x0000. So the id is correct.

I know from several postings at vdr-portal that Rev 1.5 cards are
currently (mis)identified by the driver as rev 1.3 cards.
Imho they use the same id as rev 1.3 cards, but have a different
frontend. :(

Imo dvb-ttpci should not be split into pci-id-specific drivers.
There are probably several combinations of (PCI-ID/frontend/audio DAC)
which currently only work because of auto-probing.

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr/