[linux-dvb] Re: Avermedia DVB-T not working

Wayne Parrott wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade my linux 2.6.3 box to 2.6.8.1
I have an older Avermedia DVB-T that uses the sp887x frontend.
As far as I remember I didn't need to apply any patches to get my card to work before, but now I am unable to get a lock on any channels.
Everything in the boot log looks fine, it detects bttv, sp887x, loads the firmware etc. but tzap just has ffff for all the values and no signal lock.
Has something changed that i'm not seeing? or has the vanilla kernel been broken for some silly reason? Does it require using the cvs dvb and/or bttv?
Thanks
Wayne

Try the zig-zag patch that was on the mailing list a while ago.... don't have it to hand, but search for Avermedia, NO_LOCK or something.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index