[linux-dvb] Re: Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C Card supported?

From: "Markus Schulz" <msc@antzsystem.de>
> I've put the pictures on my webspace under:

Aha, thanks! This confirms what I had started to suspect: The card uses the
Philips CU1216 tuner module. In an earlier post, someone mentioned that
this module contains the Philips TDA10021 DVB-C demodulator.

This demodulator is not supported yet, *but* it is the successor to the
VES1820 and the VES1820X (the boundary scan ID of it is even "1821"...),
which are supported.

So if you're into trying a bit of programming, do the following:

1. copy the ves1820.c source file to tda10021.c
2. change all internal names from ves1820 to tda10021
3. in the functions now named tda10021_writereg and tda10021_readreg,
remove the "0x00," in the curly brackets.

The reason for this change is that the TDA10021 does away with the useless
subaddress which was always 0x00 for the VES1820 anyway.

This change should suffice for the frontend to be detected, since the
probing code is rather tolerant and accepts any device ID between 0x70 and
0x7F (for reference, the VES1820 has ID 0x79/0x7A, the VES1820X has id
0x7C).

Now this may not be enough to make it actually work, since the PLL
programming may have to be changed (unfortunately, I don't have any
information on the PLL used in the CU1216L - if you're daring enough to
open the metal box to look inside and note the markings on the chips or
make a photo of the inside, that would be helpful), and the TDA10021 has a
few additional registers compared to the VES1820, but I have a datasheet on
the TDA10021, so you could compare the code against the datasheet.

Best Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net