[linux-dvb] Hercules SmartTV satellite : it works

Hi Guys,

I managed to get my Hercules SmartTV satellite working with DVB drivers.
For those who are interrested, here is my setup, assuming you have your
kernel sources and the latest DVB drivers, and so on :
I'm working with linux-2.4.26 kernel with my own LFS linux box.

/etc/modules.conf
#SOUND
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore

# ALSA portion
alias snd-card-0 es1371
   # OSS/Free portion
   alias sound-slot-0 ice1712
   # OSS/Free portion - card #0
   alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
   alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
   alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
   alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
   alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

#REMOTE CONTROL
alias char-major-61  lirc_driver

# Runnig Hercules SmartTV satellite with DVB as TWINHAN clone CARD=113
# i2c
alias char-major-89     i2c-dev
#
# uncomment this if you want to get the results of  commands (sent to
the card from mythtv, vdr, mplayer, ...) from /var/log/messages (sys.log)
#options i2c-core       i2c_debug=1
options i2c-algo-bit    bit_test=1

# bttv
alias char-major-81     videodev
alias char-major-81-0   bttv
options bttv            card=0x113 bttv_verbose=2 bttv_debug=1 radio=0

alias char-major-250 dvb-core
options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

#options        tuner           debug=1

/etc/modules
scsi_hostadapter
bttv

/etc/rc.d/init.d
#!/bin/sh

echo -n -e "Inserting DST + DVB modules into kernel"

# USB remote control
modprobe input
modprobe hid
modprobe usbkbd

modprobe v4l1-compat

modprobe bttv card=113 radio=0
modprobe dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
modprobe bt878
modprobe dvb-bt8xx

# add 'modprobe dst dst_debug=1' if you want to get the results of
commands (sent to the card from mythtv, vdr, mplayer, ...) from
/var/log/messages (sys.log)
modprobe dst

Now get a working channels.conf from the scan utility , eg  working with
Astra 19.2:
./scan -5 dvb-s/Astra-19.2E | cat  ~/.szap/channels.conf - \
       | grep -v :0:0:[0-9]*$|sort |uniq > ~/.szap/channels.conf.new; \
       cp -f ~/.szap/channels.conf.new ~/.szap/channels.conf;\
       cp -f ~/.szap/channels.conf.new ~/.mplayer/channels.conf;

start X and run the patched version of mplayer to watch a sat channel, eg :

mplayer dvb://ARTE

This is a very simple way to check if your cards is running or not.

have fun.

Pierre

Guess What, THE ..

REAL PORTION of Microsoft Windows code:

while (memory_available) {
eat_major_portion_of_memory (no_real_reason);
if (feel_like_it)
make_user_THINK (this_is_an_OS);
gates_bank_balance++;
;