[linux-dvb] Re: Help, failing to build with latest dvb kernel???

Am Montag, den 27.09.2004, 18:10 +0200 schrieb Östen Forshed:
> Hi, this is the first time I'm doing this, have patience if this is totally
> out of scope or I'm to newbe!!
>
> I have bought a Twinhan VisionPlus USB-T DVB box and I am now desperately
> trying to get it up and working on my linux box, but with no success :(...
>
> I fail to compile when making modules, I get:
>
>   CC [M]  drivers/media/video/video-buf.o
> drivers/media/video/video-buf.c:434: error: conflicting types for
> `videobuf_queue_cancel'
> include/media/video-buf.h:211: error: previous declaration of
> `videobuf_queue_cancel'

[snip]

> What is the magic trick to make the stuff compile?, please any pointers are
> very welcome!!

As the standart kernel already supports video4linux, there's no need to
add it. If you really need to do so, be sure that you also override the
files in "include/" as far as I can see the problem is that you use new
sources but old include files.

> This is the whole story:
>
> 1. I downloaded the 2.6.8.1 kernel from www.kernel.org
>
> 2. I checked out the latest snapshot of the dvb kernel from CVS:
>
>     cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv login
>     cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
>
> 3. I downloaded firmware for the box: dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw and put it
> under the hotplug folder /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
>
> 4. I downloaded latest snapshot of video4linux from
> http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/video4linux-20040923-135819.tar.gz
>
> 5. I copied all the files under video4linux to
> /usr/src/linux-2.6.8.1/drivers/media/video
>
> 6. I linked the drivers to 2.6.8.1 kernel:
>
>     ./makelinks /usr/src/linux-2.6.8.1
>
> 7. I configured kernel and enabled:
>     - Twinhan/KWorld/Hama/Artec USB DVB-T devices
>     - DiBcom 3000-MB
>
> 8. I build the kernel
>     - make dep
>     - make clean
>     - make bzImage

New kernels don't need make dep and bzImage. You only have to type
"make" and it builds kernel and modules.

> 9. I build the modules
>     - make modules
>
> ...and I get the error above :( :(...
>
> Is not the dvb kernel and video4linux in sync???
>
> Anyone that can give me a hint????
>
> I'm desperate!
>
> Thanx,
> Östen Forshed

BTW, as I also own such a device and I can't get it running it's vital
for me to hear from your experience. Please come back and tell me if it
worked!

Henning

Home | Main Index | Thread Index