[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan again, (Re: Help, failing to...)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Sebastian Koenig wrote:

> I should have read your mail before posting mine (Twinhan DVB-t USB-
> Box). Are you referring to the Twinhan MagicBox? Does that mean it is
> supported?

The Twinhan WebSite is currently unavailable. When I was there the last
time there was no WebSite or driver for the magic box, just a picture.

> Having read your text above I'm actually considering to buy the
> Kworld model. But now there is another question: Are there
> differences in the USB speed? Sometimes I read about USB 2.0,
> sometimes not...

I don't know about the magic Box, but all dibusb device I'm aware of are
USB 1.1. I saw that KWorld and some other vendors say that it is 2.0 .. it
isn't believe me. :)
I think the vendors mean you can also use the device on a usb2.0
controller, but the speed won't change.

> confused about which device to buy.

I won't recommend a device to buy, I only can report my experiences.

I downloaded the recent Windows drivers from twinhan.at and I saw a new
pair of USB ids supported by the driver. Maybe this is the Magic Box? I
will commit it to CVS today.

best regards,
Patrick
--