[linux-dvb] Re: Problems getting a Nova-s-USB to work

Looks like a bug in the kernel USB stack, you're still in the enumeration stage, at this point the DVB drivers are not yet doing anything. Have you tried another kernel version, does it works with 2.4? Please report this behaviour to the linux-usb folks who are maintaining the USB subsystem.

Holger

Joerg Knitter wrote:

Hi,

I am trying getting a Hauppauge Nova-s-USB to work with SuSE 9.1 (Kernel
2.6.4). The problem might not be DVB driver related, but as I don´t have a
good knowledge of linux internals, I am posting my question here.

This is what I get when I plug in this usb device:

Sep 27 15:33:58 linux kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using
address 2
Sep 27 15:33:58 linux kernel: drivers/usb/core/config.c: unexpected
descriptor 0x4, expecting endpoint, 0x5
Sep 27 15:33:58 linux kernel: usb 2-1: can't read configurations, error -22
Sep 27 15:33:58 linux kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using
address 3
Sep 27 15:33:58 linux kernel: drivers/usb/core/config.c: unexpected
descriptor 0x4, expecting endpoint, 0x5
Sep 27 15:33:58 linux kernel: usb 2-1: can't read configurations, error -22

I interpret those messages such as that loading the DVB drivers would not
work. Loading the drivers and trying to access the box with VDR in fact does
not work.

On Windows XP, the box is running without problems.

Anybody having the same problem - or anybody, where the Nova-USB is working?

Thanks in advance for any hints

With kind regards

Jörg Knitter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index