[linux-dvb] Re: video_dev: unable to get major 250

Rudolf Martin wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to bring my dvb-s-card to live for several weeks but I don't
succeed.

I'm running Debian Sarge with Kernel 2.6.7.

I got a FF dvb-s-card.
lspci tells:
0000:00:0d.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

I want to load the dvb-drivers manually, like the way in the
kernel-documentation.
/sys/class/firmware/ is existing. Timeout includes 180.

modprobe dvb-ttpci (as root) shows following messages:
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
video_dev: unable to get major 250
dvb_ttpci: Unknown symbol dvb_dmxdev_init
dvb_ttpci: Unknown symbol dvb_register_i2c_bus
dvb_ttpci: Unknown symbol dvb_ringbuffer_free

What is the problem?
Can anyone give me a hint or a link to a solution?

Please check /proc/devices and try to find out which driver is hogging on the 250 major. In any case recent CVS snapshots of the DVB driver use major 212. You can either #define DVB_MAJOR 212 in your code or use a more recent DVB snapshot.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index