[linux-dvb] Re: Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C Card supported? [SOLVED]

Markus Schulz writes:
 > Ralph Metzler schrieb:
 >

 > >Since the code is out now not much can be done to undo it.
 > >I agree with releasing it with proper copyright attribution (mine and
 > >yours for the adaptation to the Convergence tree).
 > >But we put effort in it not containing Convergence code and I would
 > >like to keep it that way.
 > >We should not copy their strange frontend registration code anyway.
 > >De/Registration belongs into the callbacks if you do not want
 > >the oopses you noticed.
 > >

 > Okay thanks, sounds great.
 > At the moment i'm port a ves1820.c from kernel 2.6.8 source to work with
 > tda10021.
 > This version seems to have the proper frontend registration code if i
 > understand aright?

I don't know about the 2.6.8 source right now.
The Convergence CVS drivers still seem to do the
dvb_un/register_frontend stuff in the attach/detach_client functions.
This of course can lead to problems if the adapter is already
unregistered but not the I2C adapter.
Actually, this should not lead to problms with the KNC cards. So, the
problem you mentioned must be caused elsewhere.

 > >The card also belongs in the knc driver (or budget_av as Convergence
 > >calls it). They just messed up the GPIO 0 settings.
 > >Newer KNC cards (developed after beginning of 2003 or so) put the
 > >tuner and CI into reset if GPIO 0 is high. At the same time it
 > >activates the analog input (SAA7113, not present on all cards).
 > >

 > ok. i've previously used the budget.c cause budget-av was described as
 > dvb card with analog video inputs and my card doesn't have such one.

All KNC cards (and resellers like Typhoon, Terratec) should go in the
budget-av driver because they have versions with analog video decoder
and the other budget drivers do not handle the GPIO ports correctly for
those cards (OK, right now neither does the budget-av driver).
Judging from the pictures of your card it also has the soldering
points for the SAA7113.
The budget-av driver only can handle KNC cards anyway. It is unlikely
that other budget cards with analog video will have the same decoder
and the same wiring.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index