[linux-dvb] Re: Proposal for new frontend architecture]

On Wednesday 29 Sep 2004 08:43, Michael Hunold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 28.09.2004 23:11, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> >>Sounds fine for me. Should I create a new patch and propose the idea on
> >>lkml, so we can see if the void * is going to be accepted? Or have you
> >>already implemented it?
> >
> > Hi - any news on this? I'd quite like to work out a final solution
> > soon...
>
> Hm, I sent a mail off to lkml, sensors-ml, Greg K-H but didn't receive a
> response yet.
>
> In the meantime I made up my mind and I think that having a functional
> dependency is not a bad thing in the end. So I think Gerd's patch
> against his latest c8xx driver is the way to go.

Sounds good.

> But we shouldn't split up the dvb-ttpci in tiny little pieces. Perhaps
> splitting it up in dvb-t/s/c is ok.

Hmm, an idea - although if we did that for one driver, perhaps the same should
be done for all.

BTW, what is with the budget, and the budget-av drivers? From what I've read
on here, they seem to be interchangeable...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index