[linux-dvb] Re: b2c2 usb sat modem

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, max jacob wrote:

> hallo,
> i did not manage to install a b2c2 usb modem on my system, nor did i
> really understand if it is supposed to be supported....
> if yes, ok, i'll be trying for a while more to see wat's wrong.
> if no, is there something i can do in order to help supporting it?
> m.

I could be totally wrong, but it seems that the b2c2 products: Sky2PC,
Cable4PC, Air2PC-DVB, are somehow related to the technisat usb devices
SkyStar USB, CableStar USB, CableStar USB. In specs I read that both
device have 39 pidfilter (don't know if it applies to pci _and_ usb
devices). I know that having the same number of pidfilters it not an
evidence for relation, but it could be an indication.

Furthermore the windows driver packages show a lot similarities.
Especially the driver setup folder. :)

At b2c2's I found a Linux SDK which included binary drivers, but only
for <= 2.4.20. Maybe one could start with it. At least the reverse
engineering would be easy, as long you could send small commands (e.g.
just set the HP FEC).

Does someone is working on a driver for the Technisat/B2C2 USB devices? Or
does someone has made contact to technisat/B2c2 and asked for technical
support or specs or if they are interested making their driver open
source?

best regards,
Patrick
--