[linux-dvb] refactoring on wiki

Hi all,

I'd tried to collect the essence of the previous discussions in the wiki and started a HOWTO_DO_REFACTORING_WITH_MINIMAL_IMPACT article:

http://212.227.36.83/linuxtv//index.php/Hints_for_Refactoring_existing_DVB_drivers

This article is intended to lead new developers smoothly to a point where they can join productive development and to minimize the impact of architectural changes to average users and the ones with more exotic hardware setups that get tested only occasionally.

A second article tries to outline problems and solutions that usually occur when working on Decoder code in DVB environments, here we started to collect pasttime experiences in the hope that they will be useful for future implementations:

http://212.227.36.83/linuxtv//index.php/The_DVB_Decoder_Challenge

Please review, fix typos and add comments, discussions and new facts that to your mind.
every contribution is welcome,
thanks,

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index