[linux-dvb] Re: b2c2 usb sat modem

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, max jacob wrote:

> patrick, if what you think is true this sdk might be a very good
> starting point. i'll take a look at it.

I was having a look again. It seems that these binary drivers are only for
the pci devices.

> it seems that nobody is yet addressing the b2c2 usb modems, so i will
> try, but my means are very weak...

Mmh, the word modem is not the only meaning these devices. Of course the
devices are modems, but they are able to do a lot more. DVB-* is the major
task.

Do you have the usb dvb-s device ?

Could please send the lsusb -vvv output when the device is plugged in
cold state and in warm state (if any) ?

cold state means, no driver-load was done. Plugging it in when running
Linux should give the cold state.

warm state means, you use the device in windows, where you have a
installed driver, and afterwards you make a warm restart into linux.

If lsusb output has changed between warm and cold state, then the device
probably needs a firmware.

Patrick.
--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de