[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with Twinhan USB / dvb-dibusb.c

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Philipp Stucke wrote:

> I went to the dvb-kernel directory, called ./makelinks /usr/src/linux,
> configured the kernel to use dibusb as backend and dibcom3000 as
> frontend. Compiling gives me the following error:
>
> CC [M]  drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.o
> drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c: In function `dibusb_init':
> drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb.c:543: error: structure has no
> member named `timeout'

Mmmh, it seems linux guys removed timeout from struct urb in 2.6.9. Will
have a look.

> (This also happens when using the build-2.6 directory method; its the
> only driver that does *not* compile cleanly).

Sorry, I was not aware, that the timeout attribut was removed.

> I then just commented line 543 out, no idea if that was good or not, but
> at least I'm abled to compile the driver now. Loading the modules and
> the firmware; /var/log/messages said that the device is now ready.

Does the LED is turned on?

> (Firmware loaded is dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw, eventhough I used to need
> dvb-vp7041-2.422.fw with older version of the driver. Is dvb-vp7041.fw
> now deprecated?)

Yes.

> Then I used the command ./scan dvb-t/de-Berlin | tee mychannels.conf
> which said:

Do you use a recent version of scan? Because for me the scan utilitiy is
called dvbscan.

> tune to: (first number, some options)
> and then, system halts.

Oops. Please enable debug mode "modinfo dvb-dibusb.ko" for details and
post the syslog. Debug is only available, when compiling the driver in
build-2.6.

Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de