[linux-dvb] Re: CX22700 in new Hauppauge USB DVB-T box

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> Oddly enough, the alps_tdmb7 driver is based around the cx22700 chip - I've
> just finished refactoring that driver into a demodulator driver (cx22700.c).

D'oh! I'm an idiot. It's an old model USB box not a new model! Someone
turned up with it at exactly the same time that people started getting the
new PCI cards - and since the i2c addresses were identical I assumed that
they'd stuck whatever was on the PCI card into the USB box.

Even when I later saw a photo saying 'TDMB7' on the tuner module I just
thought 'oh-ho so they've changed the chips inside without changing the
name of the module, nasty!'...

I think I'll just go away and hide in my platform-specific hole for a
while...

Thanks Andrew!

{P^/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index