[linux-dvb] alps_tdmb7 / WinTV Nova-T USB Driver Regression?

I have been using a WinTV Nova-T USB device with kernel 2.6.7 for a while now (using the built in drivers)

I have recently bought a DibUSB receiver, which reqires the latest CVS dvb-kernel driver.

After some fun getting the WinTV, saa7134 (analogue), and the DibUSB to play nicely together, I think the alps_tdmb7 / dvb-ttusb-budget  driver has regressed.

Certain multiplexes cease to work completely, all have degraded. mythbackend gives me a stream of "WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error. PID = nnn" errors.

The windows apps for both USB receivers work flawlessly, with all multiplexes/channels cleanly displayed.

The 2.6.7 (normal) drivers give reasonable performance (still a few glitches here and there)

Using the CVS drivers (and the latest release) with 2.6.7 (after some iovec mods) and 2.6.9-rc2 causes no end of glitches, to the extent of freezing mythfrontend.

So Far, I have tried the following driver / kernel combos, all of which have terrible UNC errors / pops + whistles:
kernel 2.6.9-rc2 with bundled drivers.
kernel 2.6.9-rc2 with CVS drivers.
kernel 2.6.7 with CVS drivers.

The DibUSB device + CVS driver seems fine.

Has anyone else seen this degradation in performance on the WinTV Nova-T USB device?
(alps_tdmb7 / dvb-ttusb-budget)

P.S.
I have tried changing around the antenna connections etc - all combinations work ok in Windows!

--
Richard Taylor
Software Engineer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index