[linux-dvb] dish networks legacy cmd

Hi, I found this when I was messing with the stv0299. All it appears to be
doing is twiddling the voltage between 13v/18v depending on the binary
sequence in a supplied u32... e.g. 10110 == 18v,13v,18v,18v,13v and so on.

I don't see why this is implemented in stv0299 - its not needing any
hardware-specific features. I would have thought implementing it directly in
dvb_frontend.c/dvb_frontend_ioctl() would be better. Then we dont add any
more code to stv0299, and it can be used with any DVB-S frontend.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index