[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with Twinhan USB / Problemidentified: SMP

Hi Patrick,

I found some time now. Basicly, the system still freezes when using
dvbscan. But I identified the problem: It's SMP :-( Booting (any) kernel
into UP mode, the device works fine. Maybe you can figure out whats
wrong. Im using real SMP, not HT.

I tried the following things with no success on SMP:
- enable/disable ACPI (usually I use no ACPI)
- enable/disable nolapic (usually I use nolapic)
- enable/disable irqbalance /usually I use irqbalance
- enable/disable ehci (no idea if the device is USB 2.0)
- enable/disable preemptive (usually I use no preemptive)
- load the drivers, then plugin the device, other way round

The last lines in the logs are (noted down, may be typos):

FE_INIT
FE_GET_INFO
GET_TUNE_SETTINGSFE_SET_FRONTEND
search_state after autosearch 1
FE_READ_STATUS
actualy status is 1a
autoval: tps: 1, quam: 0, hrch: 0, alpha: 1, hp: 1, lp: 1, guard: 0,
fft: 0, cell: 0

That is with debug=1. When using higher debug levels (I tried 4), I'm
flooded with i2c-messages, see my older mail.

I attached a log of all USB related messages (the freeze itself is not
logged).

> Did go back to 2.6.8.1?

Yes, with no success. I also tried 2.6.8 and various 2.6.9-rc*-mm*.

> Can you try it on another machine?

Yes, works perfect on my notebook with WindowsXP and linux
2.6.8/2.6.9-rc3-mm3.

Again, the system did worked on SMP with 2.6.7-mm4 and the old vpn7041
driver, I found my old mails.

With kind regards, Phil.