[linux-dvb] Re: Avermedia 771 and sp887x

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:46:36AM +0930, Justin Hawkins wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I got my Avermedia 771 card to work with some help from Mark
> Edwards. My symptoms were that all the modules were loading
> successfully, but I could not tune any channels:

It has been brought to my attention that I actually have a 761.

The notes still apply, they just apply to the 761 :-)

Some explanation, lest some think I'm numerically dyslexic. I bought
the card as a store return, at a discount. Obviously the returnee has
pulled a fast one, and got a 771 for the price of a 761.

If anyone thinks I got ripped off enough to complain to the store,
please let me know. I don't know what the difference between the two
cards is in terms of feature set - only that apparently the remotes
are different.

Regards,

	Justin

--