[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problems with the refactored drivers

> First it tuned pretty badly. (Only 30 channels or so found) but after
> that I added the mdelay(200)
> command to line 116 of ves1820.c method ves1820_setup_reg0 and it
> started to tune channels very well.
> Now it can even find channels from out national tv channel! So maybe the
> mdelay-line should also be added in the
> CVS? (mdelay(50) got removed when you removed that hack)
>
>     ves1820_writereg(state, 0x00, reg0 & 0xfe);
>     ves1820_writereg(state, 0x00, reg0 | 0x01);
>     mdelay(200);                                                      //
> this is the new line!

Does setting the dvb_override_tune_delay parameter to 200 have the same effect
as doing this? Its just that there is a mechanism defined for solving exactly
this problem which I would prefer to use rather than putting an mdelay in the
frontend itself.

Glad to hear its getting better!

> Is this ms line btw. CPU speed dependent. (Would slow PC's require
> longer delay and faster one shorter?)

It shouldn't do - the demod has its own clock.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index