[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T card with ASI input

Christophe Massiot wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2004, h162@ied.com wrote:

I'm trying to construct a DVB-T stream, and would like to know whether I got the ASI output right. (ASI is the signal format before it gets into DVB-T modulator).

Does anyone know of a way to avoid having to use a DVB-T modulator ?

Is there a card (ideally supported under Linux) which would allow me to take my ASI output and send it into that card, so I can know whether I got the ASI stream being outputed right ?

Computer Modules manufactures such ASI cards, and they are very well
supported under Linux. The price is in the range $1500-$3000 depending on
how many inputs and options you want.
www.computermodules.com

we use "similarly cheap" cards from dektec:

http://www.dektec.com/

with a good old open source driver..

and BTW we have an open source carousel server on top of it! it's a task slightly different than your but could drive you in the right direction..

you can find it here:

http://krusty/vpweb/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi

bye

andrea venturi