[linux-dvb] tda1004x firmware problems

Hi all again,

I thought my Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t was working ok after solving some problems, but it started doing silly things when loading tda1004x module. As said on firmware.txt from the kernel documentation ...

- tda1004x: firmware is loaded from path specified in
DVB_TDA1004X_FIRMWARE_FILE kernel config
variable (default /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin); the
firmware binary must be extracted from the windows driver

... I got 'ttlcdacc.dll' from windows installation and renamed it to tda1004x.bin and copied it to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/

It seemed to work, but now sometimes it gets loaded ok when doing 'modprobe tda1004x' and sometimes it doesn't get loaded (no tda1004x messages in dmesg at all).

Do you know if there's something wrong in this process or maybe my card is not working ok?

Thanks in advance,

Xavier

Home | Main Index | Thread Index