[linux-dvb] Re: CVS UNLOCKED

Hi Andrew,

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

Hi, its done.

I've disabled the cinergyT2 driver for a while as I need to port it to the new architecture.. shouldn't be long though.

I'd like to use this code as testbed fo v5 experiments, thus we bypassed the dvb_frontend infrastructure: the direct dvbdev access allows a trivial mmap() implementation as discussed some days ago in with John Dalgiesh. I'd like to try to go even one step further and mmap both the TS ringbuffer and a special memory page containing the current DMA pointer, frontend status parameters and the DMA buffer partitioning table to userspace. If this works and makes sense it may simplify the API while allowing trivial-to-implement v3 backward compability.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index