[linux-dvb] Re: Need help getting firmware to load

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:42:38AM -0400, bob wrote:
> Also, I used to have this all working in slackware (as a module) and as
> Mark Edwards suggested I could try the module route. I think that I'd
> like to try compiling it in first, however.

Why? Modules are much easier.. I don't understand the reluctance to use
them.

The trend these days in linux distributions is to compile as much
as possible as modules, using a kernel ramdisk (initrd) even to provide
drivers to access the root filesystem.

Hamish