[linux-dvb] Re: Can't view DVB stream

> have you placed the tzap channels.conf file into
> ~/.xine ? (or ~/.mplayer if
> that is what you use.)

Hi Mike:

Yes I have.  Both Xine and MPlayer report the station
name correctly from the channels.conf file -ie..  BBC1
but there is no video.

The programme then freezes and I have to manually kill
the processes... both Mplayer and Xine ..

VDR will also report the channel name as well as
display programme information on the OSD - but then no
video as well ... looking at the log - there aren't
any of the "..." that used to appear when it receives
data from a tuned station.

Am going to try running mplayer as Jakob mentioned by
tuning and then playing direct from device.  But never
had to do this in past.

Thanks for your help.

David