[linux-dvb] Re: High level CA implementation..

On Monday 01 Nov 2004 18:44, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
> >Hi,
> > Can somebody explain me a little bit how a high level CA driver/system be
> >implemented as per the V3 API ?
> >
> >The current implementation is based on the Transport Level driver, whereas
> > i'm looking at a higher level CA system, where most of the transport
> > level functions are held in the ASIC, as in the case of the Twinhan card.
> >
> >If somebody could give me an idea, that would be really helpful.
>
> By setting slot->type to CA_CI_LINK you can implement your driver on the
> link layer interface if you want to do so. Take a look on Andrew's
> dvb_ca_en50221.c implementation used by the budget_ci driver, is your
> interface really on a higher level than the link layer?

I've heard that about the twinhan cards actually - they implement the link
layer (and maybe higher layers) in the ASIC itself.. You'll have to define
your own CA interface. Probably by defining a new slot type as appropriate.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index