[linux-dvb] Re: High level CA implementation..

On Tue November 2 2004 5:04 pm, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Manu Abraham wrote:
> > Attaching the manufacturer's driver..
> >

> > Don't want to create unnecessary traffic, hence not on to the list.
>
> Seems, that the driver twinhan gave me at the weekend is more recent. It
> has Version 1.1 and the twinhan_ca.c is larger and some things are added
> as diff told.
Will be on the new code.

Myself and Jamie had been putting in a lot of pressure on Twinhan, had
received the the version 0.8 about 6 months back, but had no CI support.

I think this one was in the archives. Johannes screamed out to me for putting
binary junk on to the mailing list.

> I'd recommend you to use the latest code. Unfortunately I don't have time
> and I don't have a Twinhan Card, to do something.
>
> Twinhan austria might offer the one or the other test card. They need
> ci-support in Linux, because of customers demand. If you need one, and
> have the time and the motivation please tell me so.

I have a card, well not one a couple.

I'm waiting for a reply from Twinhan's Technical director. He said he will try
to provide some documentation as well.

> Another problem will be, that applications have to deal with a new ci
> interface...

Well, no other go, if the card has to work under Linux.

Regards,
Manu

Home | Main Index | Thread Index