[linux-dvb] Re: Error in compiling today CVS

Hi,

On 06.11.2004 13:00, Gregoire Favre wrote:
I can't : in DVB-S I can't remove
<M> Philips TDA8083 based (NEW)
In DVB-T I can't remove
<M> Spase sp8870 based (NEW)
<M> LSI L64781 (NEW)
And In DVB-C I can't remove
<M> VLSI VES1820 based (NEW)
<M> Philips TDA10021 based (NEW)

(I only want two DVB-S : <*> ST STV0299 based and <*> VLSI VES1893 or
VES1993 based)
This is not possible anymore. I don't want to go too deep into technical details, but there had to be a tradeoff between loading unnecessary frontends and having a safe functional interface between device drivers and frontends.

We decided to have a safe functional interface, so for the dvb-ttpci drivers, all possible frontends will be automatically loaded. There is nothing you can do about it.

Manually deleting this section in .config and doing a make
oldconfig I come to this:
You should simply select dvb-ttpci again and be done with it. But I admit that there might be a logical error in the way the frontends are currently selected.

CU
Michael.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index