[linux-dvb] Re: New Input file for dvbscan and new channels.conf for Bremen, Germany

From: "Hans-Jürgen Ficker" <devnull@backmes.de>
> I tuned to the channels with tzap, and tried "dvbscan -c -n -o zap".
> fec_hi and guard-interval was indeed as you guessed.

Great ;-)

> What puzzles me a bit are the values of fec_lo: It's AUTO for
> 'ARD digital', 1/2 for 'Niedersachsen1' and 2/3 for the rest.

fec_lo has no meaning when hierarchy is "NONE". However, ETSI EN 300 468
states that if the hierarchy is none, the low-priority stream FEC rate bits
must be set to '000' in the NIT, which is the same code as for FEC=1/2. So
it seems only the NIT of 'Niedersachsen1' complies with the standard.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net