[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-ip : Which TwinHan's card is better ?

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 08:53:53AM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Mon November 8 2004 7:48 pm, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > BTW (I'm not interested in CA), I've played with one of the Twinhan
> > DVB-T cards and dvb-kernel HEAD, and I found that the DST frontend
> > is only detected when I load and unload the dst.ko module three times:
> >
> >   modprobe dst
> >   rmmod dst
> >   modprobe dst
> >   rmmod dst
> >   modprobe dst
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this?
> Do you mean bt878_find_by_dvb_adap does not work on first instance ?
>
> Or is it that this has cropped up with the new fail safe method of loading
> modules ?

bt878_find_by_dvb_adap() is working fine, but the frontend is not
detected, i.e. dst_check_ci() fails. Probably some of the many magic
msleep()s aren't entirely correct. The code that Twinhan released
does thing differently but similarly magic, and I've no time to
do experiments to find out.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index