[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-s and Nova-t(90002) Kernel 2.6.10rc1

"Feghoul Francois" <francois@feghoul.net> writes:

> Hi
> I try to install kernel 2.6.10rc1 with the CVS of linuxtv and the kernel
> patch bytesex but I have error when I try to compile the kernel.
> Could you give me the right process to compile a new kernel 2.6.10rc1 with
> the latest CVS of linuxtv and the patch from bytesex ?

Unless you actually *need* the v4l from bytesex.org stuff (because of
a cx88-based dvb card):  Simply don't do that.  Just use the vanilla
kernel + linuxtv cvs.

If you really need both:  Go with one one the patchsets as-is, no other
updates from bytesex.org cvs or linuxtv cvs.

Having cutting edge from both camps play nicely is pretty hard these
days as the interfaces are changing heavily (dvb frontends and
video-buf).  Either you are able to fixup that on your own or better
don't even try.  That hopefully settles soon with the mainline kernel
merge of the new dvb frontend interfaces, but right now it is like it
is.  Sorry.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index