[linux-dvb] Re: FE_REFACTURING: skystar2: no data

w-thiel@gmx.net wrote:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 04:49:35PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:

I had a look at mplayers's libmpdemux/dvbin.c:
it does not like the new-style vdr 4th field ("S19.2E" for example) but
wants a number (0...4) there.
You should remove empty lines, lines starting with ':', and lines
starting with '#' as well; if not, the channel name you enter won't
match the channel it is store under. If I'm not totally mistaken now...
Something like: mplayer dvb://1@"ZDF" should work then.

it's correct, but 1@ is superflous; I never added support for VDR's
nominal transponder indication

Yep. It seems mplayer is just grabbing the first available card.
Is this correct?

correct

Mplayer doesn't care about cards that are in use already? It simply
ignores them? [And assigns '0' to this one].

Sorry, I only looked at the "init" stuff of mplayer.

Wolfgang

0 (or 1) is the first available card, effectively this is a conceptual bug: it should
try to use card N-1 when you use the dvb://N@ syntax.

Nico

Home | Main Index | Thread Index