[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-CA/stv0297 problems

On Friday 19 Nov 2004 02:23, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Friday 19 Nov 2004 02:14, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> > From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
> >
> > > Hi, I'm trying to get this Nexus-CA card with an stv0297 demod going.
> > > As far I can see I'm programming the tuner and the demod correctly...
> > > however the demod never locks - its like it never gets any data from
> > > the tuner.
> >
> > The STV0297 is not directly wired to the tuner - there is a TDA9819
> > DVB/analog IF AGC amplifier in between. That chip needs to be switched
> > between analog and DVB mode.
> >
> > On the old Fujitsu/Siemens DVB-C card, the corresponding TDA9819 control
> > pin was wired to a "TEST" output pin of the VES1820 demodulator, i.e. you
> > switched between analog and DVB by writing to the VES1820 TEST register.
> >
> > You'll have to find out how the TDA9819 is controlled on this new board.
> > Does the STV0297 possibly have some GPIO ports? If it does, TT may have
> > used that. Or maybe they used one of the SAA7146A GPIO pins this time?
>
> Aaaaah thanks, that makes sense with what I'm seeing. As for how to switch
> it, no ideas yet - I don't think there are any GPIOs on the demod itself.

Tim confirms that the chip is onboard - he's gonna try and trace down where it
is connected.

Would this ves1820 test register be 0x0f BTW? Its just theres a mysterious
write in av7110_v4l.c which sets 0x0f to 0x60 for analogue, and 0x20 for
digital (I don't have the ves1820 datasheet).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index