[linux-dvb] Re: Nexus-CA/stv0297 problems

On Friday 19 Nov 2004 18:46, Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
>
> > > Saa7146         TDA9198
> > > Pin                  Pin
> > > 141   -->      30
> >
> > SAA7146 GPIO3
> >
> > > 143   -->        9
> >
> > SAA7146 GPIO1
>
> So:
>
> SAA7146A GPIO1 -> TDA9819 STD
> SAA7146A GPIO3 -> TDA9819 INSWI
>
> Makes sense to use these two GPIOs, since they were used to control SCART
> pins 8 and 16, respectively, and the new card doesn't seem to have a SCART
> connector (or does it?). To complete the list, I presume the other two
> GPIOs still have the same task:
>
> SAA7146A GPIO0 is presumably still the Dual-Port RAM interrupt input
> SAA7146A GPIO2 is presumably still the board reset pin (HIGH for operation)
>
> So you'll probably have to write 0x50505010 to SAA7146A register 0xE0 for
> DVB operation, 0x40505010 for analog PAL-B/G and SECAM-L, and 0x40504010
> for analog NTSC-M.

The code in CVS uses 0x60 for "analogue" and 0x20 for "digital" right now...
I'll have a look into the finer grained support later.

I've just checked in revised code allowing all the generations of cards to
cooperate. Can someone check that it still works for the old CA cards please?

The new cards still won't work right - I've not checked in the finalised
demodulator code. In fact, I believe the current stv0297 code in CVS causes
an oops right now :(

Home | Main Index | Thread Index