[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T with Conexant Chipset

On Friday 19 November 2004 16:02, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-19 at 15:55 +0000, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > Having had good experience in the past with Hauppage Nova-T with Linux I
> > bought a second card. Trouble is the new card has the Conexant chipset.
> >
> > With the help of this lists archives I determined I needed the latest CVS
> > of video4linux from bytesex.org, and the latest dvb-kernel CVS from
> > linuxtv.org.
> >
> > They compiled OK, and when I modprobe cx8800 I get :-
> >
> > cx88[0]: subsystem: 0070:9002, board: Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T
> > [card=18,autodetected]
> > cx88[0]/0: found at 0000:00:0a.0, rev: 5, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio:
> > 0xde000000
> > cx88[0]/0: registered device video0 [v4l2]
> > cx88[0]/0: registered device vbi0
> >
> > but inserting cx22702 does not do anything.
> >
> > Which other modules does this card need?, and is there any firmware
> > required?
>
> You only need to modprobe cx88_dvb.
>
> Make sure your kernel .config file has
>
> CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88=m
> CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB=m
>
> defined.

Excellent advice. That put me on the right track. Thanks Torgeir and Andrew

For the benefit of the archives this is what got me working :-

Starting with kernel 2.6.8.1 (Mandrake 10.1)

Get dvb-kernel CVS from
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel

Get video4linux CVS snapshot from
http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/

Compile dvb-kernel with 'make' and copy the modules into the module tree,
remove any preexisting modules.

Replace /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/dvb/ in my kernel-source  with
 dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/  from the dvb-kernel CVS.

Compile video4linux with the command ' make DVB=1' and copy the modules into
the module tree taking care to remove any modules already there from the
distro.

Run depmod -a
Then modprobe cx88-dvb, and the Hauppage Nova-T card is recognised.

My MythTV is now working beautifully with two capture cards.
Thanks again

derek

Home | Main Index | Thread Index