[linux-dvb] Re: CAM with Skystar2

On Sunday 21 Nov 2004 15:53, Johan Reidar Moe wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If I get a Skystar2, could I then put a CAM in a regular pcmcia slot and
> use it with the Skystar2? Or do I need to get a DVB-S card with a built in
> Common Interface?

Nah - CAMs require the whole transport stream routed through them in hardware
from the demodulator. They have a customised version of the PCMCIA interface
for dealing with this.

You could probably plug one in and have it recognised as a PCMCIA card (just
as you can actually plug a PCMCIA card into a CAM slot) but neither of them
will work beyond that.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index