[linux-dvb] Re: Fusion HDTV 3 Gold

Hi, sorry this reply is late - I'm a bit behind on my mailing lists at the
moment. Also I may have missed some emails so if this reply is superfluous
then please ignore it.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Taylor Jacob wrote:

> > Does anyone know the status of support for this card? Specifically, the
> > QAM stuff.
>
> I would love to as well..
>
> > I would be willing to lend a hand to driver development if anyone has
> > some outline work done.
>
> If anyone gets something working for the ATSC/8VSB version please let me know. I
> have been working on fixing dvb support in mythtv, and have done much of the
> framework for parsing the ATSC tables but have little to test with other than
> the ATSC over DVB feeds on AMC3 (North American Satellite)..

I've had a Mac driver for this card working for some months now. As far as
linux drivers go, someone on this list had got the analogue input going
under linux and was working on the digital input ... but I don't know what
ended up happened with that effort.

Anyway, the Mac driver source is all in my CVS here:
<http://www.defyne.org/dvb/> (details near the bottom of the page) for you
to do with as you wish. It includes code for both the 8VSB mode as well as
QAM, but so far the QAM code is not linked in as I haven't found anyone
willing+able to test it.

Also, the version that's checked in only supports the FusionHDTV 3 Gold,
not the newer FusionHDTV 3 Gold-T. I do have a driver for the Gold-T
working too, but it's a bit of a mess and I haven't checked it in yet.

Let me know if you need a hand following the architecture - it uses
Darwin's IOKit, i.e. (embedded) C++ in the kernel.

> Taylor

{P^/

btw I'm not parsing any ATSC tables in my userspace apps yet ... just
surviving on MPEG2-TS for now. Who's needs nice channel names anyway ;)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index