[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV Media Center 300i PCI Card

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Gerd Knorr wrote:

> > saa7134[0]/irq[10,173361]: r=0x20 s=0x00 PE
> > saa7134[0]/irq: looping -- clearing PE (parity error!) enable bit
>
> Something strange is going on on your PCI bus, parity errors shouldn't
> happen ...

Well, it's not really the Pinnacle PCTV Stereo Card as the insmod option
"card=26" suggests. But that's the only option, that makes the card work
at all.

> > As far as I can see the problem is the Zarlink MT352 DVB-T demodulator,
> > which seems not to be recognised by the definition for the card #26.
>
> dvb support isn't there yet.  analog tv should do fine through.  What
> exactly you are trying?

Analog TV is rather weak in my area just outside Hamburg (Ammersbek) where
DVB-T is active since 08.11.2004 and funnily enough my card receives some
of the S-channels used by cable TV.

Well I try to get DVB-T to work as happily as it does under WinXP, using
an outdoor antenna that gives 9++ signal strength readings on analog TVs.
But the signal is too weak for the TDA 9885 demodulator. All I get is
a very snowy image with no sound.

>   Gerd

Rainer
--