[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S SE ----> Unknown device 1016

Am Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2004 21:22 schrieb Lucian Muresan:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Most likely it is doable yeah - although you'll need to know more info
> > about the rest of the tuner itself as well... there is likely to be one
> > other chip in it - the PLL synth. Hopefullly I just missed the tuner docs
> > on the site.
>
> I could easyly remove the tin cover, but getting any further than this
> PCB would require me to unsolder some pins, or the rest of the tin:
> http://www.muresan.de/htpc/Nova-S_SE-tuner_opened.jpg
> Do these numbers at least mean anything useful? I think 280904 is some
> manufacturing or test passing date, this card is definitely too new.
> Hmmm, another user on the list seems to have drawn the "Arschkarte",
> sorry for you, too, Oliver...
>
> Lucian

I had that problem on my hauppage Nexus CA, too.
You have to remove the tin box by soldering.... You will definetly loose your
guarantee.
However i did the soldering two times and the card is working fine.
It's enough to solder at  the four pins of the box. With a little bit force
you can bend the connector pins and remove the cover on the underside.

Before you start soldering remove the card holder by make one rivet away.

Good luck

Tim

Home | Main Index | Thread Index