[linux-dvb] Re: Complete novice help: Installing a Nebula DigiTV

On Thu December 2 2004 12:25 am, Neil Davidson wrote:
> I've just set up FC3 and Kernel 2.6.9-1.667, what do I need to do to get my
> DigiTV working?
>
> I'm really sorry for the complete novice question, but I'm really confused.
> Most of the information I read relates to 2.4 and patching and re-compiling
This is required if you are using the linuxtv CVS for new and or updated
drivers.

> the kernel. I thought DVB was already supported in the newer kernels? What
> about bttv do I still need to download and patch this in? most places
> reference this, but on the bttv pages it says the driver is already
> included in new kernels.
Yes the new kernels do have the drivers included. You need not patch unless
you need cutting edge/newer features.

I think the nebula card is supported by the dst driver.
just modprobe the modules one by one, or create a script to load it. With FC3
i don't know, it has a lot of new features like HAL etc, maybe the drivers
are loaded itself ?

you can check whether the modules are loaded by doing a lsmod.

Manu

> boy am I confused about all this...
>
> any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Neil