[linux-dvb] Re: Strange buffer overruns...

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:47:52AM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:

> I don't know about your IDE blocking problem but you should try if
> actually changing the DVR device buffer size helps getting over
> those delays.

Oh, I wrote that I tried it and it didn't help.

> As has been discussed here many times before, DMX_SET_BUFER_SIZE calls
> will not help you if you are using DMX_OUT_TS_TAP.

Ah, this explains why changing buffer size to 3MB (which should be big
enough for the second that IDE blocks the system) did not help :)

> AFAIK, this is not implemented for dvr in the linuxtv tree.

What is not implemented?  DMX_OUT_TS_TAP?  Or setting buffer size?

--
Please visit and sign and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw@raven.inka.de --

Home | Main Index | Thread Index