De : linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org] De
la part de Oliver Endriss
Envoyé : jeudi 2 décembre 2004 19:42
À : linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Cc : vdr@linuxtv.org
Objet : [linux-dvb] FIX: 'ARM Crash' while zapping

FYI, I committed another bug fix for the av7110 driver.

I hope that it will fix some zapping problems with vdr:
- ARM crash while zapping
- frozen picture with block artefacts at top of screen

The av7110_fe_lock_fix/av7110_before_after_tune work-around tries to
turn off live pids while zapping. Unfortunately, it did not work if
the ARM was unable to process the command immediately.

To take full advantage of the fix, you need firmware 261d Version 1.0rc3
or later. Can be downloaded from first message in thread
http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?postid=183022#post183022

For older firmware releases I added a 50ms delay.
(Obviously, you cannot be completely sure that the ARM has processed the
command after 50ms, but it's better than nothing and seems to work. ;-)

The fix is in
- dvb-kernel HEAD
- dvb-kernel linux_2_4 branch and
- DVB HEAD.

For those who have to use older drivers for whatever reasons,
I provided some diffs:

dvb-kernel HEAD:
http://escape-edv.de/endriss/dvb/av7110-dvb-kernel-gpmq-fix.diff

dvb-kernel linux_2_4: