[linux-dvb] Finally success with Avermedia 761!

My broadband connection is through DVB-T, and my gateway to internet is now up and running using the Avermedia 761 and linux-2.6.10-rc2-mm3. Finally the embarrasment of having to admit to running Windows on my gateway has come to an end :-)

This is something I (on and off) have been trying to archieve since September, but progress has been slow due to several reasons:
- This being my gateway to the internet, it has been a major pain to try out alternatives. Every time I needed to download something, the machine had to be rebooted to Windows, the necessary files downloaded, and then a restart of the machine with recompilation and further tests.
- It's been difficult this fall to find a version of the software (kernel + dvb + bttv) that actually works together, the rate of change has made for a very chaotic situation. It hasn't been the best time to be a newbie in the DVB-T world.

Anyway, now that the code is getting stable again, I'm very, very happy to report that the "standard" code seems to be working, at least on my hardware.

A big thank you to all the developers!

-- Bjarne

Home | Main Index | Thread Index